Tuesday 6 November 2012

Social Media Internship - introductory post

What do I want to get out of the University of Derby Social Media Internship?
Today is the first session of the Social Media Internship – something which I am incredibly excited to start and develop my knowledge of social media network sites, and how to utilise them effectively to improve my career prospects.
As someone who is pursuing a career in Marketing and Public Relations, this internship not only provides me with the skills to research, network and become part of the ever expanding global career-community, but it also encourages the development of my Curriculum Vitae which is incredibly important as I feel that the best way to enter my chosen career path is to have a substantial portfolio which demonstrates my skills of communication, commitment, essay and report writing, project management and having the enthusiasm to want to improve myself as a professional individual.
The first session was interesting as it started by using a social media platform I have never actually accessed (which is a first) with LinkedIn. This instantly has provided me with an insight and provided me with what I wish to achieve from this internship: by 21st December 2012 I want to have a substantial and effective portfolio which I can use to my advantage to connect with professionals already within the Marketing and Public Relations sector, develop my portfolio and skills, and possible research work placements to develop my CV and represent me as a more employable individual in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment