Wednesday 18 December 2013

Social Media, Coffee shops and Avon

I haven't updated recently as I am currently swamped with university work and research for my Independent Study. However, I decided that as I can't sleep I would update you with some of the things I've discovered/experienced over the past few days.
 
Social Media
Last Friday was my birthday, and I turned 23 on Friday 13th December 2013 without a glitch! My only 'bad luck' was when my kitten went missing for three whole days. I discovered that he had been a cheeky little monkey and followed some parents into the school which is just next door, and they were concerned as he appeared hungry (he always is!) and without a collar, so they took him home over the weekend and waited for someone to get in touch about him. He is now home after I contacted the lady through B31 Voices, and he is happily tucked up on my lap again.
 
A fantastic use of social media in my eyes!
 
Another successful use of social media has been me finding a paid marketing and communications internship at the end of my degree, as well as searching for part-time jobs via Twitter. There is a new coffee shop opening up in Longbridge, Birmingham and I was so excited when I found out. I not only love coffee shops for the atmosphere, taste and smells but I finally have a study area for when the house is driving me insane! I have applied for a part-time barista job there too, so fingers crossed as it really would be my ideal job.
 
I am going to be using social media platforms soon to help kick off my mom's Avon campaign as she is a newby to the whole advertising and selling via the internet. She's been a representative now for a couple of months and already receives a number of orders from regular customers (including myself), and she also bakes cakes and she is a carer at a new residential home in the West Heath area. So, seeing as she is so busy lately I have decided to be her Communications assistant via social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and blogger. I'm really excited about it and it's giving me the buzz to be an Avon representative myself once I have finished university.
 
This leads me to a nice point too. I have recently found some awesome products which have really helped to protect and nourish my skin against the harsh winds of winter.
 
Firstly, the Solutions Truly Radiant Tint Release Moisturiser, a gentle moisturiser which adds a soft glow to your skin. The thing I love about it is my skin looks and feels so much healthier, but it is the lightest moisturiser I have ever had. I have the type of skin which can't ever make up its mind, and as a result of using Solutions, I feel so much more confident with my skin.
 
Secondly, Cucumber and Apple Revising Face Masque is a product that my friend introduced me too when she gave it to me for my birthday. I love the smell of cucumber, and it's a face masque which has really cleared my pours and enabled my skin to breathe. It's gluten-free too, which I know might seem irrelevant because I don't actually eat it, but it's comforting to know I'm not putting anything onto my skin which might trigger any of the reactions my skin has from time to time. Not an Avon product, but I love it so much I've decided to chuck it in anyway!
 
Thirdly, I'm not much of a make-up girl but I do love to paint my nails, and my favourite colour from Avon recently has definitely been the Watermelon Glow Nailwear Pro+ Nail Enamel. I have loads of colours I absolutely love, but the Pro+ range really help my nails to remain firm and healthy. The shimmer from the Watermelon colour as well is perfect during the Christmas season, and it's a nice girly touch for me at a time where I am overwhelmed with essays.
 
These are just a few things over the past week or so I have fallen in love with, and I do think at times where I might be overwhelmed and stressed, my skin always bares the brunt of it all. I've disciplined myself into drinking plenty of water, not wearing any makeup if I can help it and just replenish, nourish and hydrate my skin as much as possible. My diet change has definitely helped with the look and feel of my body overall, and so these are just a few more adjustments and additions I have added to my routine.
 
That's all for now. When I have a spare moment to myself, I will finally write an article about my sweet-potato and kidney bean curry. I may also write about my ginger biscuits, or I might keep that to myself as a home baking secret.
 
Thank you for reading this if you have. I look forward to any suggestions you have for a new blog in the future :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment